The Haworth Fire Company was founded in 1908 by the citizens of Haworth so that other towns didn't have to fight the fires in Haworth. The Borough's first firehouse was at the top of Tank Hill, where the engine was housed, as well as the equipment for the department.

    In 1928, Fire Chief William P. McGloin, encouraged the Town to build the Hardenburgh Ave. firehouse, which at the time was two bays with a second floor. This facility was built on Hardenburgh Ave., between Garfield and Grant Street.

The Hardenburgh firehouse before addition

    In 2005 the firehouse was renovated. The Addition added two more bays with higher doors to allow for larger apparatus. In addition to the new apparatus bays, the addition also included offices for fire prevention, fire officers and the Haworth fire company as well as a training room.

ABOUT US

The Hardenburgh firehouse after addition